Blumbergs will be holding a half-day seminar on May13, 2015, Fundamentals of Employment Law for Charities and Non-Profits from 9AM-12PM.
This seminar covers the pitfalls associated with employment law that can result in costly problems for charities and not-for-profit organizations. This half-day program is designed to provide an over-view of employment law in Ontario that is applicable to any charitable or non-profit organization with employees, independent contractors or volunteers. The program will cover
- major mistakes in charities and non-profits dealing with employment law;
- size and importance of employees to the charitable and non-profit sector;
- proper hiring procedures, including letters of employment and employment contracts;
- dealing with employee complaints and evaluations;
- addressing Human Rights Code considerations;
- termination of employees and avoiding major liabilities and litigation;
- policies and procedures; and
- determining appropriate compensation by registered charities.
This program is designed to allow Charities and Not-For-Profits to understand the legal requirements and parameters of employment law and to avoid some of the most common mistakes that can cost non-profits and charities significant resources.
Cost: $125.00 (includes breakfast, snacks and coffee, materials, and registration fees).
Fundamentals of Employment Law for Charities and Non-Profits will be of interest to staff and volunteers at non-profits and charities responsible for employment issues and governance, professional advisors such as lawyers and accountants who advise charities and non-profits, and board members of Canadian charities. If you have questions please call Kalie Patton at 416-361-1982 x235 or e-mail email@example.com
Timing and content is subject to change. There are a limited number of spaces available for this conference.
Tickets are fully refundable until April 1, 2015 but not thereafter. If you register and are unable to attend, you are welcome to substitute someone else from your organization at any time. Dates and locations may be subject to change should circumstances arise. All efforts will be made to notify you as soon as possible in this event